Monday, December 8, 2008

Back from Bridge City






Well, it took 20+ hours in the back of a truck, but I have been to and am back from Bridge City, Texas. This little town of 9,000 people or so are still piecing back their lives after Hurricane Ike. I worked along with 30+ brothers and sisters in Christ to help at three homes. The Disaster Response Team is an amazing organization of dedicated servants who are spearheading the Bridge City recovery effort. The first day I spent roofing a house and the second day "mucking" two other homes. I have to admit, I didn't really muck much. Most of the soiled, wet, moldy household goods had been removed from both houses before I got there. It's amazing how you don't hear about what the people down there are still going through. I could write all night about my trip, but I have to pack again for Dallas. Summing up, I had a good time and worked my tail off.




No comments: