Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - A year in review

Well, 2008 is almost over, and being as cliche as I can be, I will reflect over the year that was.

January: I made my first trip to South Korea; spending a week or so with some coworkers and hobnobbing with some green-suiters. This was just a tast of what was to come.

February: Pretty normal February celebrating a 4 yr-wedding anniversary and a 29th birthday (yikes, 45 days until I'm 30!).

March/April/May: Made my second 14 hour flight to South Korea in 3 months. I was in-country for 30 days before I was able to come home. Needless to say, this was a stressful time being away from Ashleigh for so long.

June-September: Pretty laid back Summer, with two trips to Destin and some much desevered R&R.

October-December: Much of this time was spent naseous from all the political ads and vomitous from the resulting election. On top of that, Auburn was horrible this year which put me over the edge. A remarkably busy Christmas time has been tempered with a lot of time off from work. The Walker family Christmas tree of 2008 has set a new standard for the perfect Christmas tree.

Notables:
1) Found an amazing small group who have been so loving and supportive. Ashleigh and I are blessed to be a part of our Lifegroup. The friends we have made at Mayfair are truly special to us and we love you all dearly.
2) The conversion from Myspace to Facebook: I used to update myspace with great regularity, now it's facebook 5 times a day.
3) New blog: Taking my geekdom to a new level with this little blog you're reading.

Thank you to all my friends and family who have made this past year great. I love you all!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Yay for 30!!! I'm so glad that we are a part of the lifegroup, too. It has been so great! I can't even begin to imagine being gone from home for 30 days!