Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year, Wrong Foot

The New Year has arrived and has brought with it a mean cold. After being around Ashleigh for 3 days, I finally caught her sickness. That's right, my legendary immune system, with a following similar to Chuck Norris, gave in. This is the immune system that allowed me to get perfect attendance throughout school (1st-12th grade), turn the 24-hour-bug into 15 minutes, ward off countless Ashleigh-borne influenza, just to name a few. I mean, the CDC draws blood from me every year to use in designing flu shots.

Either way, this illness between Ashleigh and I has prevented a real Holiday. There have been days over the past 2 weeks when our cars never left our driveway; even days when the shower fairy didn't visit until after dinner (yes, that is gross). On the bright side, Ashleigh and I have been hanging out a lot over the past few days. I have enjoyed that part immensely much in part because she hasn't made me watch 50 romantic comedies and has allowed me to watch football until I'm blue in the face.

Anyway, I hope your new year is fabulous and remember, if you see my immune system coming you have only minutes to live, if you don't see it, it's already too late.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Hope you guys both feel better. I think the bug has made its way to our family, at least with two of our kids. See you guys soon!

one BleSSed gal! said...

You really got perfect attendance??? You never played hookie??? Sorry to hear you guys are yucky, but just remember it could always be worse--you could be puking!

Kam Walker said...

Never played hookie. My Dad was Superintendent of Education for my school system, so you can imagine.